- 2 large halibut steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chanterelles, season with salt and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the corn and pepper to the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Pour water into the mushroom mixture; bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and oil to the mushroom mixture until the oil has melted and the liquid has almost evaporated.
3. Season the steaks with salt and black pepper. Cook the halibut steaks on the preheated grill for about 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Before serving, sprinkle tarragon on the finished dish.