- 4 pieces of cod fillet
- 5-6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 small hot pepper pod or to taste
- 700-800 g of ripe tomatoes (or canned tomatoes in their own juice)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 12-15 pitted black or green olives
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Season the fish with salt. Finely chop the garlic and hot pepper. Cut the tomatoes into cubes
2. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil along with the garlic and hot pepper, until fragrant. Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt, sugar and ginger. Cook over moderate heat for about 20 minutes.
3. Add the olives and fish. Cook for about 3 to 8 minutes (depending on the thickness of the cod fillet) or until the fish is frosted all over. During cooking, turn the fish once. Serve with boiled rice.